Principle, use and ultrasonic welding process of ultrasonic welding machine---Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
Principle, use and ultrasonic welding process of ultrasonic welding machine---Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
1-1, what is ultrasound
Ultrasound is a frequency (sound) related sound wave beyond the range of human hearing, usually 18,000 to 20,000 seconds. ---Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
Ultrasonic welding is a high technology that can be applied to all hot melt plastic products.
Nowadays, the application of ultrasonic technology in the production of plastics industry is very common, because the application of this technology can replace the traditional glue, adhesive, fasteners, or other mechanical fixing methods. Thereby improving production efficiency and quality and reducing costs, so it is favored by general manufacturers and has a wide range of applications, such as the automobile industry, toy industry, medical supplies industry, daily necessities industry, etc., everywhere. ---Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
1-2 The principle of ultrasonic welding:
The basic principle is to use a transducer system to convert electrical signals into high frequency mechanical vibrations. Through high-speed thermal friction, the plastic is fused. In other ways, it can be divided into two welding methods: direct and conductive.
Direct welding: that is, first make the materials such as wires or belts overlap each other, fix them on the plastic welding machine, and let the energy converter (HORN) directly generate the sound wave vibration effect on it to weld.
Conductive welding: that is, when welding, the ultrasonic vibration is separated from the ultrasonic vibration and the sonic vibration is conductively welded at a distance.
Ultrasonic welding principle animation
1-3 Features of ultrasonic welding:
A. Thermoplastic plastics other than Teflon can be welded;
B. The welding time is extremely short, usually in the range of 0.05-1 second;
C. It can be welded to the joint surface through media such as water, oil, etc.;
D. Welding effect can achieve air tightness and liquid sealing effect;
E, can be used for direct and conductive welding;
F. The welding energy is easy due to the plastic material, and it is not all materials of ultrasonic vibration. Only the vibration surface suitable for the occurrence of heat is selected, so there is no scar on the surface of the product. This is the characteristic of conduction welding. , can better play its welding effect; --- Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
G. Ultrasonic welding will not produce toxicity such as chemical agents, which is a safe welding process;
H. There is no need to add any adhesive, and the vibration is simple and fast;
1-4 Ultrasonic welding process application:
Ultrasound has a wide range of applications. Generally, we are familiar with being used in medicine and military, and it is also widely used in industrial fields. Such as: ultrasonic cleaning, ultrasonic flaw detection, ultrasonic polishing and so on. The applications in ultrasonic welding are: 1. Welding; 2. Implantation; 3. Forming; 4. Riveting; 5. Spot welding; 6. Vibration; 7. Welding.
Ultrasonic welding process application
Chapter 2. Schematic diagram of ultrasonic host and chassis
Ultrasonic welding machine function indication
1. Fine adjustment screw 2. Counter 3. Power indicator 4. Delay time
5. Welding time 6. Lowering speed 7. Machine head sleeve assembly 8. Vibration unit
9. Ultrasonic welding head 10. Working bottom plate 11. Emergency stop switch 12. Pneumatic switch
13. Working instruction 14. Manual and automatic selection 15. Pressure adjustment 16. Cooling time
17. Height adjustment handwheel 18. Water filter 19. Overload indication 20. Power indication
21. Ultrasonic test 22. Ammeter 23. Amplitude meter 24. Power switch
25. Overload reset 26. Frequency fine-tuning 27. Power adjustment
Function indication on the front and back of the ultrasonic generator panel
Ultrasonic generator function introduction:
1. Reset switch: reset function after the electric box is overloaded and stopped;
2. Frequency adjustment knob: adjust the resonance matching of the transducer and the vibration circuit to achieve ideal conversion efficiency;
3. Gear adjustment switch: setting the number of sound wave output segments, 2-4 segments are for general use, and 5-6 segments are for powerful output;
4. Overload indicator light: It shows the abnormality of sonic overload, which is often used for sonic adjustment until the overload light is not displayed;
5. Power indicator light: After starting the machine, the indicator light is on;
6. Power start switch: the black button "ON" means the power is turned on, the power is turned on, the indicator light is on, and the fan starts to run;
7. Power stop switch: the red button "OFF" means shutdown;
8. Voltmeter: display the voltage value during the use of the equipment;
9. Ammeter: display the current value during the use of the device;
10. Sonic test button: Sonic no-load test switch, touch the switch to send ultrasonic waves;
11. Protective cover handle: open the protective cover to see the adjustment buttons inside.
12. Transducer cable interface;
13. Power cable;
14. FUSE insurance tube;
15. FUSE insurance tube;
16. Wave interface (for testing, do not need to be connected during normal use);
17. Control interface (15-core serial port);
Chapter 3 Essentials of Using Ultrasonic Welding Machine
3-1 Preparation before use
1) When the ultrasonic welding machine arrives, unpack it, check the controllers, indicators and surfaces for signs of damage, and check for looseness everywhere. ---Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
2) The ultrasonic welding machine should be placed on a solid table, the back of the welding machine is required to be at least 0.2 meters away from the heat source, and there should be no obstacles on the top of the shell, so that the welding machine can discharge air unobstructed.
3) Check the voltage requirements on the label on the back of the control box, and ensure that the system is in good condition.
4) Connect the power supply and air source of the machine, and be careful to check the power switch first.
5) The air line is connected to a clean and lubricant-free compressed air source, and the maximum pressure is gauge pressure, ie 0.7 MPa.
6) Adjust the descending speed controller to a lower position and set the pressure regulator to 0.2 MPa.
3-2 The erection skills of ultrasonic mold
7) Loosen the locking handle of the rack and raise it to a certain height (depending on the mold).
8) Loosen the micro-lift adjustment screw to the lowest point.
9) After installing the mold, tighten it, and press the down switch to lower the mold.
10) Place the bottom mold and the welded object.
11) Turn the lifting handwheel, after touching the welding object, press the rising switch to raise the upper die, then turn the lifting handwheel, and then lower the handle by 1-2mm and then lock the handle.
12) Press the up switch, and then lower it 1-2 times. After confirming that the frame mold is accurate, fix the lower mold. ---Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
13) When the lower mold is fixed, let the body press the lower mold and then lock it to avoid the positioning deviation.
14) After the lower mold is fixed, press the up switch to separate the upper and lower molds.
15) If the top and bottom are not parallel, the worktable can be adjusted (generally, the worktable has been adjusted at the factory, no special circumstances, do not adjust) Adjustment method: first loosen the four worktable locking screws, adjust the following four Knurl the lifting nut until the upper and lower dies are parallel, and finally tighten the four screws.
Most of the commonly used injection molding compounds can be welded by ultrasonic, but the difficulty of ultrasonic plastic welding is related to many characteristics of the welding itself. The easier ultrasonic welding is, the crystalline plastic has a narrow humidity range from solid to molten state and is very fast, so the welding performance is poor and adjustment is difficult. ---Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
When soft plastics are riveted and inserted, their ultrasonic welding performance is easier than that of soft plastics.
At present, various types of plastic products emerge in an endless stream. Here is a brief introduction to the ultrasonic welding performance of several common plastics:
1) ABS, HIPS, PMMA, MPPO: rigid non-crystalline materials, which are very easy to conduct ultrasonic frequency of 20000HZ, so they are especially suitable for welding, and can achieve good welding results at long distances or close distances;
2) PC, PSU: The material has high melting point and strong hygroscopicity, so it should be dried before welding. Otherwise, the moisture in the material will hinder the welding strength. At the same time, the moisture will cause the welding area to consume more energy and the welding time will be long. ---Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
3) PA: It is a crystalline material with strong hygroscopicity, so it should be dried before welding.
4) PP and PE: They are crystalline materials, and there will be large losses during ultrasonic conduction, so long-distance welding is difficult.
5) PVC: It is a material with a soft melting point, and the ultrasonic energy loss is large. When welding, it is easy to burn the surface of the weldment.
Different plastic welding table
Common ultrasonic welding plastics
Chapter VI Maintenance and Maintenance
Ultrasonic host, mold, control box
6-1 Ultrasonic host
1) The host should not be placed in a humid, dusty or overheated place;
2) The host should not produce liquid products, keep it clean and tidy, and do not use liquid to clean it when wiping.
3) If it is more than 7 days or the use time is sparse, please cover it with a dust cover.
4) When it is not used for a long time, it must be fixed once for 5-7 days.
5) Pay attention to cleaning the filter for the air source. If 1/2 of the water is retained, it should be removed immediately.
6) The ground wire needs to be grounded.
7) Except for necessary maintenance, try to avoid opening the body. When opening, be sure to unplug the power supply and release the residual capacitance.
6-2 Ultrasonic mold
8) Knock or damage the mold, it is easy to change the vibration frequency
9) The mold is prevented from rusting or oxidation, and it is sealed and wiped with oil cloth when not in use.
10) Add butter to the bottom screw thread surface when installing the mold.
11) The ultrasonic mold (HORNS) has been specially designed and inspected, and the frequency and output current are fixed. Do not cut, drill, or change the processing, otherwise it will affect the life of the vibration system and the control box. ---Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
12) When loading and unloading the mold, it must be handled with care to prevent the amplifier mold from slipping.
6-3 Ultrasonic control box
13) After turning on the power first, turn off the power and press the ultrasonic inspection, if there is ultrasonic, then turn on the power to check the current. (Do not turn on the machine to check by sonic wave)
14) When the sonic inspection is performed without the mold installed, the ammeter indication should not exceed 2 grids (small grids)
15) Press the check switch to stop for 1 second within 3 seconds. Do not connect and press for more than 3 seconds to maintain the life of the vibrator and the burning of electronic parts. ---Zhuhai ultrasonic spot melting machine
16) During operation, (when there is a mold) the ammeter should not exceed 10A.
17) Avoid dust, metal, etc. falling into the control box, causing short-circuit damage.
18) Always maintain clean air circulation.
Chapter 7 Failure Analysis and Countermeasures
7-1 Ultrasonic Welding Failure Analysis and Countermeasures